In his speech to the state convention today, U.S. Senate candidate Rick Noriega blasted U.S. Sen. John Cornyn. There were few new policy proposals, but here are the key issues that Noriega used to attack Cornyn:
* Voting against the bill expanding the Children's Health Insurance Bill to the upper middle class and adults
* Not voting to allow drugs to be imported to Canada
* Voting for individually-directed investment accounts for social security, which Noriega characterized as privatization
* Not voting for a higher minimum wage
* Voting to build a wall along the border. He characterized Cornyn's opposition to illegal immigation as promoting "fear and intolerance," though Noriega did call for tougher action against employers who exploit illegal labor
Noreiga called for pulling troops out of Iraq "as quickly and safely as possible."